An Attorney And Team Adept At Online Personal Information Removal
We recognize that every situation is complex and that there is no one-size-fits-all strategy to remove data from the internet.
When we investigate problematic content online, we soon realize that the removal process differs depending on many circumstances:
- The nature of the post
- The site on which it is distributed
- The individual(s) responsible for the publication
In some cases removal is impossible. Mitigation may be the way forward.
At the Sternberg Law Firm, we explore all options for our clients’ sakes. In cases where removal is impracticable, we cultivate strategies for effective data suppression, taking actions to ensure that undesired posts remain off of the front page of Google.
Examples Of Content Removal Methods
Every situation requires a modified procedure. We use established techniques to remove online information, including the following:
- Outright removal of information
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) compliance takedown notices (via legal counsel)
- Reverse Internet Protocol (IP) lookups
- Search engine optimization (SEO) to give greater weight to replacement content
- Search engine removal tools
- Attorney-written cease-and-desist letters and other legal demands
- Terms of Service (TOS) website violation research
The effectiveness of each method may be weighed against the effort involved and the time and money it will take to make a difference. In consultations with our clients, we apply our vast experience to solve many problems involving undesirable online content.
Schedule A Consultation About Unwanted Content On The Internet
Protecting our clients’ privacy and online reputations is at the core of our cyber law practice. Personalized solutions are our strong suit.